The New Year Brings Changes
Happy New Year! The New Year always makes me reflect and think about what I want to do better, professionally and personally. The New Year is a chance to start fresh, a time to set goals or to make significant changes. Sure, we can set resolutions any time of the year, this is the time of year more than any other when I think about how I can improve myself and MPI Virginia. Maybe it’s because another year has gone by, or perhaps it’s because I’ve had some time to reflect during the holidays, or maybe the date 1/1 gives me permission to wipe the slate clean.
2017 was a year of success for MPI Virginia, and our progress is due to your contributions. We thank you-our members, partners, and friends-for your tireless work and commitment to our chapter! I am especially proud to work alongside our board of directors and our growing MPI Virginia family which is now at 168 members. Let us take a moment to celebrate our successes, savor our accomplishments, and look onward at the opportunities that await us in 2018.
In 2017, we hit a number of milestones:
- Recognized by MPI Global as a “Top Performing Chapter”
- Met and or exceeded all of our Incentive Metrics as outlined by MPI Global
- Grew our financial reserve account to $20,000
- Successful Annual Conference “Meet at the Beach”
- First Volunteer Chairperson retreat, where we prepared our committee chairs in their new positions in order to help our succession planning for new board members.
- Added new fundraising events, Paint Nite at Dave & Busters, Bowling at Uptown Alley and for our far away friends a wine event at Grace Estate Winery!
- Top CMP Program! Did you know we offer the best program for the price and everyone who has been through our program has obtained their CMP?
- New education programs with engaging speakers. We started 2018 off last week with Mike Dominguez, who gave us his unique perspective on the state of the meetings industry today.
We enter 2018 with determination, optimism, and gratitude. As MPI Virginia continues to grow, we will keep working for all regions of Virginia-especially those areas that are a little further away from Richmond-to ensure that the attention is well-deserved for everyone. We are also excited by the opportunity to work with the City of Lynchburg and the new Virginian, a Curio Collection Hotel by Hilton, where they will be hosting our annual conference in August which helps us in advancing our growth in to other regions of Virginia.
We are incredibly fortunate to have such great partnerships! As always, we thank you and appreciate your commitment to MPI Virginia, and we look forward to the upcoming year.
Connie Brewer, 2017-2018 President
OFFSITE: MPI Virginia Paint Night & Trivia Networking Fundraiser
February 1, 2018 - 5:00pm-8pm
Carolina Ale House - Glen Allen, VA
MPI Virginia March Education
March 1, 2018 - 11:00am-1:30pm
Stonewall Jackson Hotel & Conference Center - Staunton, VA
Global Meetings Industry Day Luncheon
April 12, 2018 - 11:00am-1:30pm
Great Wolf Lodge - Williamsburg, VA
Welcome to all of our new members from the month of December!
On behalf of the entire membership of MPI Virginia, it is our pleasure to welcome you as a new member of MPI. Membership in MPI is an active commitment to the meeting planning community.
For all things MPI Virginia, visit our website: MPIVirginia.org
- Membership Directory
- Events and Educational Meetings
- CMP Support Programs
- Engaged Member Opportunities
Getting the Most Out of Your Membership
The biggest benefit in store for you is leadership development. MPI Virginia is nearly 100% volunteer driven and the chapter’s progress is limited only by the commitment of its members.
Get involved with a committee to:
- Hone your leadership skills
- Gain vital professional development
- Broaden your network and industry knowledge
- Pick from a variety of positions where you see your strengths shining through.
Contact our Director of Leadership Development, Lauran Dangler, at email@example.com to find out how you can volunteer 1 hour per month to help our chapter!
The MPI Foundation provides MPI members professional development and career opportunities through grants and scholarships. MPI Foundation scholarships are accepted on an ongoing basis. Applications received by the end of the month will receive notification by the end of the following month. Conference scholarships do not typically follow the normal application cycle but will be reviewed each month.